SUBSCRIBE via email

Let's make beautiful and memorable messes. We'll be perfectly imperfect together!

, , ,

Bonus Prompt: I am from poem template

9:31 PM

Grist Mill where my Nannie (Grandmother) was born in 1933.
Have you heard of the "I am from" poem?

It is a poem that is a reflection of your childhood memories, your personal beliefs and a glimpse into who you were, who you are and where you come from.

This would be a fabulous addition to your Legacy Art Journal.

Print off an 'I am From Poem' free template from Freeology.com and write your own.

I'm posting mine as an example:


'I am from...'

by Jenn Rogers

am from mud pies, moon pies and a house with wheels; from the mills of hope, the eagle wood and the timber lake, from car ports and cross stitch.

am from the sweet smell of sour dough bread baking in the oven, from the scent of rubber from the tire plant, the sight of sweet kisses, hugs and hand-holding. 

am from the scrap oaks and fire ants, the black-eyed susans and yellow jackets. 

am from dogwoods and bumble bees, the azaleas and honeysuckle. 

am from the tadpoles and whippoorwills, the dandelions and pine trees.

am from new pajamas on Christmas Eve and big eyes and pug noses, from ‘Bless your heart!’ and Minnie Jane, Lorene Jessie and Donna Lynn. 

From Doodle, Leola and James Sherill. 

am from Royal and Spell, Daughtry and Biggs. 

am from the old wives’ tales and farm country superstitions. 

From 'this too shall pass’ and ‘Lord willin’ and the creek don’t rise’.

am from southern revivals, Sunday school, Confirmation and choir practice. 

am from He who will never leave or forsake me, my savior and friend, sweet Jesus.

I'm from the Carolinas, from Cumberland, Raeford, Sampson and Marlborough; from the mill village and dusty dirt roads. 
  
I’m from collard greens and fatback, cold fried chicken and potato salad. 

I’m from sweet tea, molasses, cape fear honey and salted grits with butter. 

From the pageant queen in a wedding veil, from the technician with a heart of gold and strong convictions {what's right is right, what's wrong is wrong}. 

I’m from the sugar plum fairy and the ode to joy, from warm cookies and milk and falling off a stool. 

am from fading memories and vintage photographs, from dog-eared worn and tear stained Bibles. 

am from name brands and hand-me-downs and fine china with rosebuds, yard sales and used books, crocheted blankets and knickknacks.

I'm from 'everything happens for a reason'.

There is a reason for everything.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE via email

Let's make beautiful and memorable messes. We'll be perfectly imperfect together!

Popular Posts

Simply Jennifer Suzanne

Blog Archive